Head of Operations
As Head of Operations and a member of the senior leadership team, you will play a key role in preparing strategic decision making and in shaping the future growth of the company. Reporting to SEEK’s Managing Director, you will manage an internal operations team and external providers to support achievement of business objectives. In doing so, you will draw on best practices to ensure operational excellence in: finance and business planning, human resource management, knowledge, procurement/contracting, IT and administration. This is a tremendous opportunity for a finance and operations leader to maximize the internal capacity of a well-respected, high-impact organization.
Financial Management and Business Planning
- Advise on key business development topics and support the implementation of SEEK’s business strategy through continuous development of SEEK’s operating model;
- Manage annual target setting and planning processes in conjunction with the Managing Director, monitor and report on key performance indicators;
- Optimize financial processes and management systems, to facilitate resource planning, project budgeting, control of expenditures, effective pricing and profitability analysis; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to;
- Oversee the preparation and approval of all financial reporting materials, including monthly and annual financial statements together with external providers;
- Direct all project-based and organizational accounting, and monitor the use of funds;
- Develop a risk management plan that identifies the major financial and operational risks and implement appropriate mitigation measures;
- Update and implement all necessary financial, controlling and accounting practices; document these in the firm’s overall policy and procedure manual;
- Effectively communicate and present up-to-date analysis and reports of the financial situation for projects and across the project portfolio.
Human Resources, Technology, Knowledge and Administration
Support strategic business goals through hands-on day to day management of key internal operational functions:
- Lead the operations team and bring out the best in them by providing guidance and supporting their professional development
- Set an annual “rhythm of the business”; prepare and ensure effective follow up on senior management and other key meetings;
- Optimize and drive efficiencies and quality in internal operations processes and delivery; effectively manage external operations partners, including third-party vendors, balancing between internal delivery and use of external suppliers
- Provide professional support to SEEK’s leadership in HR planning, recruitment of talent, onboarding and professional development, compensation and benefits, and performance management; facilitate staffing of projects and weekly/monthly staff resource planning
- Optimize SEEK’s technological infrastructure and ensure effective IT support for all staff
- Support the continuous building of SEEK’s intellectual capital as a differentiator by ensuring all systems supporting Knowledge Management work in an integrated fashion and are appropriately supported
- Oversee other administrative functions, including contracts, procurement and facilities management and executive assistance to ensure efficient and consistent operations as the organization scales
You are a pragmatic and participative manager with a successful track record of managing internal operations in an international, dynamic environment. You understand your role as providing the organizational back-bone to optimally support achievement of SEEK’s mission, and bring to it a high degree of professionalism, entrepreneurism and credibility. Your professional skills are combined with sensitivity, empathy and diplomacy; you remain calm in stressful situations, and work pragmatically in a fast-paced, environment.
- A minimum of 6 years of hands-on management experience in a Head of Operations or similar role, ideally in a small to medium-size business environment; knowledge of consulting business and interest in international development a plus;
- Advanced degree in business/management, economics, or a related field;
- Natural authority and leader, with proven ability to manage a team;
- Deep finance/controlling and operations know-how with strong track record in process design;
- Excellent judgment with the ability to skillfully manage sensitive and confidential situations;
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills;
- Track record of managing multiple, complex processes concurrently and of driving continuous improvement in a fast-paced environment;
- Fluency in German and English.
The Head of Operations role offers a direct, meaningful, and high visibility path to shape a highly successful, fast-growing consultancy committed to social impact. Managing your own team and working across the organization, you will have a unique opportunity to apply your managerial experience and analytical and interpersonal skills to support the delivery of the firm’s overall strategic objectives. You will work in an international environment united by a strong set of values centered around development, community, excellence and impact and with highly professional colleagues committed to supporting top-level executives of leading organizations on some of their toughest challenges. Since continued professional development, innovation, and entrepreneurship are essential to SEEK’s success we support the growth of our people and them to learn by doing, engaging them as core members of project teams from day one. We offer competitive compensation and an attractive working space in a loft office in Berlin.
Piqued your interest? Please submit a cover letter, CV and references in one document per e-mail with the subject “Application: Head of Operations” to email@example.com at your earliest convenience but no later than August 26, 2018. We are reviewing CVs on a rolling basis.